QUALITY: 100% ringspun cotton crew neck t-shirt.
FIT: This unisex style comes in regular fit which fits true to size. Women may want to order a size down. Max is wearing size M. He is 5'10", chest size 37".
Poppy is wearing size S. She is 5'9", chest size 33".
PRO CHOICE T-SHIRT
This feminist t-shirt stands for women's rights, equality and pro choice legislation. Ironically, we have taken a few steps back in the abortion debate. Like marijuana, abortion was relatively legal since SUMERIAN TIMES until new legislation was introduced just after the 19th century, during the age of Victorian morality. Women could build a factory during the Industrial Revolution, but couldn’t choose NOT build a baby. Fast-forward to the present and we’re still having a debate started by the Queen. It’s time for a fresh perspective on things. Give equality a chance with this pro choice t-shirt, and look to the future, not the past.
PRO CHOICE T-SHIRT: LOOKBOOK
Abortion is a practice that dates back to 1500 BC, yet is still a contentious issue for many legislators in the world. The fight for reproductive rights, dating back to the early 20th century, continues today as many women struggle to gain control over their body’s reproductive rights.
- The pro-choice movement dates back to 19th century feminists such as Susan B. Anthony and Stella Browne.
- One of the first female contraceptives--the diaphragm-- was made in the Netherlands.
- The Abortion Law Reform Association was the first organisation dedicated to liberalising abortion laws in Britain.
- Margaret Sanger launched Planned Parenthood, a milestone organisation for women’s reproductive rights, but was also a staunch supporter of the British-American eugenics movement.
- The Infant Life Preservation Act of 1929 only allowed women to terminate pregnancies in order to protect the life of the mother, on good faith.
- Roe vs. Wade, 410 US 113, a major turn of events in history, guaranteed women the right to terminate pregnancies based on the right to privacy (14th Amendment).
- Laws are not enough to change abortion and contraceptive procedures. Many countries suffer from bureaucracy, biased psychological examinations, and waiting times.
AROUND THE WORLD
- The World Health Organisation oversees the Human Reproduction Programme, a worldwide initiative dedicated to women’s reproductive health.
- The Centre for Reproductive Rights has an interactive map on the world’s abortion laws. You can select, read complete federal laws, and even compare countries around the world.
- Countries in the northern hemisphere and east Asia have the most liberal abortion laws. The Southern Hemisphere normally carries the most restrictive abortion laws.
FEMINIST APPAREL: PRO CHOICE T-SHIRTS & FUNNY FEMINIST SHIRTS.
ALLRIOT is a London based t-shirt brand with an activist heart. We offer an extensive range of funny political t-shirts that support a wide range of political, left wing and progressive causes, including feminism, womens reproductive rights, and LGBT rights, and draw inspiration from both pop culture and political discourse. Shop for dozens of funny political t-shirts each with their own story to tell.