DIY no sew t-shirt cutting tutorial.
1. Try your t-shirt on and mark with the fabric marker or chalk where you want your t-shirt to fall on you once you cut it. Also, determine how deep you want your armhole to be.
2.Put the t-shirt on a flat surface, fold it in half and match up the side seams so it is even. Cut off the hemline as shown and discard it. Make sure you hold your scissors at a 90-degree angle as you start cutting. This will ensure that you have a nice straight hemline at the front.
3. Make a 10 cm (4 inch) cut along the side seam on both sides.
4. Hold down the top and pull on the ends to stretch them. They should naturally curl up a little.
5. Tie the knot!
Deepen the cut, or trim off the excess if required.
6. Cut off the sleeves and deepen the armhole.
7. Your t-shirt should now look like a deep ‘muscle tank top’. Discard the sleeves. You can fold the t-shirt in half and cut both sides at once so they are identical.
Or, if your material is too thick to cut them both at once, you can cut one side, fold the t-shirt in half and use the cut side as a guide.
Try the t-shirt on to see if you’re happy with it. Trim the edges if required.