* No tacos were harmed in the making of this t-shirt. If you find it offensive: you’re missing the point. Read on…
We at Allriot are astonished at the attention our ‘Tacos, Not Walls’ tee has received. Unfortunately, a few people found it offensive. So…
To put our taco tee back into context, we’d like to explain. Whilst tees about mouthwatering Hispanic food of unknown origins may not be politically correct, neither are xenophobic, counterproductive immigration policies from megalomaniacs.
So, let’s not sugar-coat this crispy, crunchy conundrum. Here are our top 5 reasons why:
1. Tacos are of unknown origins, and so are most Americans.
2. Tacos are indigenous and existed long before European settlers.
3. ‘Taco’ also means ‘plug’, named after the explosives Mexican miners used for work. Precisely what we’d like to use on his fucking wall.
4. Tacos bring people together. Serve them to your office and see what happens. Go on… we dare you.
5. Tacos represent diversity. The more ingredients you add, the better they taste, just like multiculturalism!
In short, the best way to MAGA is by making a ‘taco’, not a Fourth Reich. Chew on that for a moment.
Allriot t-shirts are designed to spark conversations, and we welcome all criticism. However, we believe that what we all need is a frank and open discussion about xenophobia in our society.
The t-shirt is going nowhere. We refuse to sugar-coat this shit.