We believe that ethical t-shirt manufacturing is the only smart choice for ourselves and the planet.
Ever since our humble beginnings as an indie t-shirt brand, we’ve always considered our role in the World. We believe in taking powerful action towards the future we want for ourselves and the planet, and look for ways to enable social change through responsible business practices that respect and empower every person that interacts with our brand – from the people who make our progressive liberal t-shirts with great care to customers who love and support our brand.
SWEATSHOP-FREE CLOTHING EXPLAINED
Feel good about what you wear!
ALLRIOT CLOTHING IS WRAP CERTIFIED
WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) is a globally recognized, independent third party certifying non-profit organisation whose mission is to promote ethical, humane and lawful conditions and practices in all manufacturing facilities.
The 12 WRAP Principles are based on generally accepted international workplace standards, local laws and workplace regulations which encompass human resources management, health and safety, environmental practices, and legal compliance including import/export and customs compliance and security standards.
ALLRIOT T-SHIRTS ARE OEKO-TEX 100 CERTIFIED
OEKO-TEX is an independent testing and certification system for textile products from all stages of production (fibres, yarns, fabrics, ready-to-use end products, including accessories) along the textile value chain.
The label ‘Confidence in Textiles’ of the product-related Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certifies that the textiles were tested for harmful substances and were found to be made in environmentally friendly conditions. In addition to OEKO-TEX standards, we also use environmentally friendly inks.
ALL OUR SUPPLIERS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE ETHICAL PRINCIPLES
1. Facilities comply with laws and regulations in all locations where they conduct business.
2. Facilities do not use involuntary, forced or trafficked labor.
3. Prohibition of Child Labor. Facilities will not hire any employee under the age of 14 or under the minimum age established by law for employment, whichever is greater, or any employee whose employment would interfere with compulsory schooling.
4. Facilities provide a work environment free of supervisory or co-worker harassment or abuse.
5. Facilities will pay at least the minimum total compensation required by local law, including all mandated wages & benefits.
6. Hours worked each day, and days worked each week, do not exceed the limitations of the country’s law.
7. Prohibition of Discrimination. Facilities will employ, pay, promote, and terminate workers on the basis of their ability to do the job, rather than on the basis of personal characteristics or beliefs.
8. Facilities provide a safe and healthy work environment.
9. Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining. Facilities will recognize and respect the right of employees to exercise their lawful rights of free association and collective bargaining.
10. Facilities comply with environmental rules, regulations and standards applicable to their operations, and observe environmentally conscious practices in all locations where they operate.
11. Customs Compliance.