DIY no sew t-shirt cutting tutorial,
1. Put your t-shirt on and mark where you want your slits to start and finish. If the t-shirt is too long, trim off the excess.
2.Cut off the hem and the sleeves. Don’t worry about hemming it;, it’s supposed to look a little grungy.
3. OPTIONAL: Get some masking tape and stick it down just below the top mark and above the bottom mark. You can also stick it along the front and back of your shoulder seams.
This will help keep your slits nice and neat and will keep you within the boundaries as you’re cutting through the shirt.
If you’re feeling adventurous, just move on to the next step and eyeball it.
4. Lay your t-shirt on a flat surface. Breathe in, because it’s time for some serious t-shirt surgery!
Slice the top of your shirt as evenly as possible into 1 cm (1/4 inch) strips as shown, front and back. Cut right up to the edges of your masking tape strips but don’t go over them.
The slits don’t have to be perfect. If you like precision (hey, we’re not judging!), grab a pen and a ruler and mark a row of dots (up to 1 cm apart) along the length of your masking tape strips.
Or eyeball it like we do. 🙂
5. Pull on the strips so they become slightly skinnier. They should naturally curl up a little as you pull them apart.
6. To get a nice looking fringe at the bottom of the shirt, cut your slits 1 cm (1/4 inch) apart.
7. Tie a knot at the end of each string.
Also, you can add beads on the strings before you tie the knots if you like.
8. Pull on the strips so they become slightly longer and skinnier. They should naturally curl up a little, and become noodle-like.